When selling your home, you will want to prepare it in advance for inspection. Use this checklist to make sure you are ready for a PEI house inspector’s visit.
Seller’s Home Inspection Preparation Checklist
- Find out if and when the Purchasers are arriving with their agent and ensure you are not around during that time.
- If the Purchasers are going to be on site, ensure the items on EXIT Realty PEI’s Showing Preparation Checklist are also completed.
- Ensure the attic hatch is easily accessible. If it is in a closet, remove all clothes, shelving etc. from the closet to allow easy access.
- Ensure the furnace and oil tank are easily accessible
- Ensure the air exchanger is easily accessible
- Ensure all electrical panels are easily accessible
- Find the sewer back flow valve and ensure it is easy for the inspector to note in their report
- Find the main water shut off and ensure it is easy for the inspector to note in their report